Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Amazing Adventures of Bonser and Mom Pt. 1

My name is Bonser Blanco Ragsperger. My brother set up this blog for my mom to document our life. Mom has been saying for months that she wanted to write about all of our fantastic adventures and ideas and now here is her chance! Crazy cat people!

WHO IS BONSER? I came to live with my family just one year ago - I think on July 5th or 6th - but really, what is time to a cat? I was born on April 5th, 2006. I had two brothers and a sister, and besides my real mother, I also lived with two other cats and a big, big black dog. I am a Ragdoll cat - a chocolate point to be exact. I have beautiful blue eyes (sorry Dad) and long, white, fluffy hair. I don't talk much - who needs to talk when all I have to do is stare?? I came from a very nice, quiet family and I don't like loud noises - my mom likes to burst into song or whoop and holler sometimes and that upsets me so I am training her not to do that, or at least to tone it down. She appears to be a slow learner. You know the saying - "hard to teach an old Mom new tricks." Well, I live it! I have a brother and a sister, but they don't live in my house all the time - they are both students and come and go. That's okay though - I get more attention from mom and dad.

HOW DID I GET MY NAME? Well, three out of four of my family are BIG Minnesota Twins fans. My feline predecessor, Kirby Hrbek Puckcat, set the stage for my name. He came to live in my house in 1991, in June, and that fall the Twins won the World Series so my family saw it as an omen. They tossed around names like Joey Meower and Boof, but I didn't look like a Joey or a Boof. (For those of you out of the loop, Boof Bonser is a pitcher for the Twins.) Bonser fit - and when they called me that name and I responded, well, that's all there was to that. My middle name comes from a former Twins player and also the fact that I am mostly white - thus Blanco. And Ragsperger is a play on my family's last name and my breed. At first, I was quite intimidated to move in with this family - how would I keep up with such obvious wit and imagination? I have come to learn that it comes in spurts - and sometimes they can be lacking in the wit and imagination department, and that's usually when I come up with something to add to the mix.

HOW I SPEND MY TIME: I sleep, I watch the birds outside, I eat, I visit the basement for rest stops, and occasionally I entertain my mom and dad. I tend to be aloof - can't give up all my kitty tricks at once. My mom wishes I would be a little more snuggly, but I dole it out in small doses so I don't get taken for granted. I look forward to going to Kittygarten some day - although I don't like to ride in vehicles much (brings up bad memories of my doctor's office) so I may have to be home schooled. I like to watch TV sometimes, and someday soon, my mom has promised to start teaching me how to type so I can go online by myself and visit some cat chat rooms - living in the country can be so isolating. I am also working on improving my social skills. My cousin, Meatball, came to visit a few months ago and I am afraid I wasn't very hospitable. He is older and a "city kitty" - much more worldly than I am and I was a bit intimidated. Don't get me wrong - no fights - just a little mutual macho hissing to establish our boundaries. I would like to have played with someone who is sort of my size - so in my spare time I am going to work on being a better host.

TFCN (time for a cat nap).........

2 comments:

Daddy-W said...

It's so great to see that Mom and Bonser have finally gotten their blog up and running. I know they have both been talking about it for quite some time but didn't know how to get it started. Thanks to Brother they now can begin telling about their wonderful exploits and experiences. I hope others will join in on the blog with comments and viewpoints. Especially Meatballs Grandparents Grandma Meatball and Grandpa Meatball. Talk to you soon!
Daddy-W

Salsa D said...

Hey Bonser-
Just wanted you to know, I got the stuff. Premo home-grown nip. As always, the first bag is free. Have Daddy-W contact Salsa D.
Lacey O.