Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Amazing Adventures of Bonser and Mom, Pt. 3

Well, I knew it had to happen some time. The dreaded postcard arrived the other day from my doctor. Mom and sister tried to hide it from me, but I am a crafty kitty and when they weren't looking, I found the cute little animal picture postcard. "What a nice thing - maybe cousin Meatball sent me a little message," I thought (or hoped to myself). After the way that we left things - (the dreaded hiss) - I thought he was making an effort to communicate. So I stole off with card in paw (or rather mouth) to pour over the message. But what was this? My vet was inviting me to come in (or telling me that I was "due") for a "fecal flotation." What is that? Although I am rather enamored of my PB (poop box for those of you who don't speak Bons), it is my PB. I do not want to "float" in fecal matter - mine or anyone else's. What kind of mixed up world is this to subject innocent little cats such as myself to floating in poo? And what purpose could this serve? Is it to make my beautiful white hair brown, to make me totally unattractive scent-wise or to lower my cat-esteem just a notch or two? Well, I can tell you this much. I am going to go hide under the bed and ponder this - so if I don't write for a few days, don't worry - give me a tuna float ---not a poop float!

1 comment:

Daddy-W said...

I'm sure it's hard for a little kitty with little or no "book learnin'" to understand what people write sometimes. Fecal Flotation is a process whereby they bind the kitty up with cheese (not literally- digestively). It is usually done before the family goes on vacation. That way, when the family is on one of our great states 1000 or 2000 lakes, if the cat happens to fall over-board, it will float. However, in the case of the Windsperger family, since they will never be in that situation with Bonser, I would suggest that Fecal Floatation avoided at all costs.